Contact Us

Phone: (684) 633-2610 • Fax: (684) 633-2618 Ofu office phone: (684) 655-1103 • Tau office phone: (684) 677-3477 or (684) 677-3474


What if I need to Reschedule an Appointment?

To avoid missed appointment, please call the WIC office to reschedule your appointment when you are available.

What if I forget to bring my Documentation?

You will only be issued a month of WIC checks when you do not bring the required document with you to your appointment. It will be noted on your WIC ID Folder to remind you to bring in your document next month.

Who can pick up WIC Checks?

The Authorized Representative(s), whose signature is on the WIC ID folder, is the person(s) who can pick up and use the checks at the WIC approved stores. If you cannot pick up your food instruments, you may send a relative or friend who is 18 years or older to the WIC office as a proxy. The proxy should bring the WIC ID folder and a note from you giving him or her permission to pick up your WIC checks.

When do I need to bring my Child for his/her Appointment?

It will be noted on your WIC ID folder for the next appointment to bring in the following child(s) for the following type of service: Initial, Re-cert, and High Risk, Mid-cert or Health check.

How do I use WIC Checks?

  • Use your checks on or between the first and last day to use.
  • Use a check only if your name is printed below the signature box.
  • Shop only at approved stores. Look for the “WIC Checks Accepted Here” signs.
  • Buy the amounts and types of foods listed on your checks.
  • Separate your WIC foods by check and from other items you are buying.
  • Let the checker know you are using WIC checks before you begin your purchase.
  • Sign the check only after the checker sees your ID and writes in the amount.

What are my Rights and Responsibilities?

Each WIC client, or the client’s caregiver, must sign the WIC Rights and Responsibilities Form at each certification. Signing the form shows the client or caregiver understands and agrees to follow the program rules. Staff reviews this form with clients and caregivers to make sure they know what WIC expects of them and to let them know what they can expect from WIC.

How do I File a Complaint?

Sometimes people want to make a complaint to the state WIC program. The complaint might be about a WIC clinic staff or WIC client. All complaints, written or verbal, shall be accepted and forwarded to the Secretary of Agriculture, USDA with a copy sent to the appropriate Regional Office. Every effort will be made to have the complainant provide the following information:

  1. Name, address, and phone number of the complainant or other means of contacting the complainant
  2. The specific location and name of the agency/clinic delivering the service.
  3. The nature of the incident or action that led the complainant to feel discrimination was a factor.
  4. The basis on which the complainant feels discrimination exists (race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability).
  5. The name, address, and titles of persons(s) who may have knowledge of the discriminatory actions.
  6. The date(s) during which the alleged discriminatory actions occurred, or if continuing, the duration of such action.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

© 2014 American Samoa Department of Human and Social Services